Water@UW Virtual Careers in Water Event, May 7th 1-3pm.
Join us for an afternoon of networking and discussion around non-academic careers in water related fields. We will have a number of speakers representing consulting firms, non-profits, government scientists, and extension educators. The event will include a brief introduction by all speakers and the breakout sessions for the different career tracks that will allow for an informal question and answer session. Check back later as we update our speaker list! Please register here to receive the virtual meeting link.
Current speakers include:
- Marty Melchior, Restoration Scientist and Regional Director, InterFluve
- Jane Carlson, Professor of Practice, UW-Madison Civil and Environmental Engineering, Strand Associates, Inc.
- Michael Tiboris, Clear Water Farms Director, River Alliance of Wisconsin
- Cheryl Nenn, River Keeper, Milwaukee River Keepers
- Tim Asplund, Chief of Water Resources Monitoring Section of WI DNR, Wisconsin DNR
- Na Zhang, Advanced Chemist, Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene
- Nancy Schuldt, Water Projects Coordinator, Fond du Lac Environmental Program
- Eric Olson, Director UW-Extension Lakes and Lake Specialist, University of Wisconsin-Extension
- Rebecca Power, North Central Region Water Network Director, University of Wisconsin-Extension
The event will take place on May 7th from 1-3pm. The entire event will be conducted through one Zoom meeting with breakout rooms for each career track. Following the initial introduction session, participants will be sent to breakout rooms with the speakers they want to hear from. At any point during the event, participants can change breakout rooms to listen to another speaker.